Parent Project Mission Statement
Our mission is to develop parent-training programs for parents raising difficult or out-of-control children. We are committed to providing highly effective programs that are affordable for every parent.
The Parent Project. Celebrating 25 Years of Service to Families.
At the Parent Project®, we believe that parents are the answer. In our 25 years, we have worked with over ½ million parents raising difficult or out-of-control children. Our programs are based on their experiences and successes. No matter how difficult the situation may be, we can help. "Little miracles". It's what we do!
The Parent Project is now the largest court mandated juvenile diversion program in the country and for agencies, the least expensive intervention program available today.
- Loving Solutions is 6 to 7 week program written for parents raising difficult or strong-willed children, 5 to 10 year of age. Designed for classroom instruction, this program has special application to ADD and ADHD issues, and was written for the parents of more difficult children.
- Changing Destructive Adolescent Behavior is a 10 to 16 week program designed for parents raising difficult or out-of-control adolescent children, ages 10 and up. Also designed for classroom use, “Changing Destructive Adolescent Behavior” provides concrete, no-nonsense solutions to even the most destructive of adolescent behaviors.
How Our Programs Work:
- Parents meet one night per week for 2 to 3 hours per night.
- The Parent Project activity based curriculum allows parents to learn and practice behavior management techniques at home.
- Parent support groups are formed using the UCLA self-help support group model.
- Program orientation: behavior modification.